• 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
• 6 (125g each) extra-trim pork loin steaks
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 600g steamed chat potatoes
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 100g plain reduced-fat yoghurt
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 4 cups shredded cabbage
• 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into thin ribbons
• 1/2 cup pecan nuts, chopped
• 4 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
Place barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, garlic and chilli in a glass or ceramic dish. Stir to combine. Add pork. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours (if time permits).
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Reserve 2 steaks for Pork and coleslaw sandwiches (see related recipe).
Meanwhile, place mayonnaise, yoghurt, and vinegar in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Add cabbage, carrot, nuts, onion and capsicum. Toss to combine. Reserve 1 1/2 cups coleslaw for Pork and coleslaw sandwiches (see related recipe). Divide remaining coleslaw between plates. Top with pork. Serve with potatoes.