Go beyond simple salads with this Asian-inspired version starring barbecue pork and rice noodles.
• 100g vermicelli rice noodles
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
• 1/3 cup (80ml) light soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 100g Asian salad greens
• 100g snow peas, trimmed, blanched
• 1 tablespoon pickled ginger (see note)
• 1 yellow or red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 300g Asian barbecue pork (see note), thinly sliced
• 50g Japanese rice crackers, roughly broken, to serve
Place noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, drain, refresh in cold water, drain again.
Whisk vinegar, chilli, soy, oil and juice in a bowl. Combine greens, peas, ginger, capsicum and pork. Toss with noodles and dressing and serve with crackers.