Succulent tender pork is a great choice with cranberries and brown rice. This gluten-free meal is perfect for weeknights or special occasions.
Recipe by Valli Little & Nancy Duran
• 1 1/2 cups (300g) SunRice Long Grain Brown Rice
• 4 x 200g slices kassler pork* or ham steaks (1.5cm thick)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1/2 cup (75g) dried cranberries*
• 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint
• 20g unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
• Steamed green beans and wholegrain mustard, to serve
Bring 3 cups (750ml) water to the boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice, then lower heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 40 minutes or until tender.
Brush kassler or ham with oil. Heat a large, non-stick frypan over high heat and fry, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side until lightly browned. Set the ham aside. Drain excess oil from pan and reduce heat to low. Add the maple syrup and warm through. Return meat to pan and coat with maple glaze.
Drain rice and place in a bowl. Add the cranberries, mint, butter and pecans and toss to combine.
Serve with ham, green beans and wholegrain mustard.